Part 1 of our 3 part series on Cosplay kicks-off with a look at the “Cosplay Queen”, Alodia Gosiengfiao.
- Name: Alodia Almira Arraiza Gosiengfiao
- DOB: March 9, 1988
- Born: Quezon City, Philippines
- Filipino / Chinese / Spanish descent
Our first part of the Intro to Cosplay takes a look at Cosplay competitions and how it can help a Model skyrocket to fame.
Affectionately called the “Cosplay Queen” of the Philippines, Alodia started cosplaying at the age of 15, joining various competitions. Her remarkable achievements in the cosplay community made her an instant star, landing her numerous celebrity endorsement deals. Philippine FHM 100 Sexiest Women poll ranked her 87th in 2009, and 76th in 2010.
Here are just some of Alodia’s winning cosplays:
- 2003 Rikku of Final Fantasy X-2 (Culture Crash Comics 3rd place and People’s Choice Award)
- 2005 Creature Pink of Gunbound Online (Anime Explosion 1st place, Most Innovative and Best Props Awards)
- 2006 Alexiel of Angel Sanctuary (Toy Con 1st place Group Cosplay)
- 2009 The Baroness of G.I. Joe (Featured in FHM and numerous Magazines)
- 2009 Masane Amaha Witchblade (AFA Finalist and Comic-con 2010 Hall Costume Award)
As a multi-award winning cosplayer, she is now invited to conventions worldwide to make appearances and judge competitions. She started judging at the age of 18.
Video game companies seek her out to help promote their games. Past endorsements include Level-Up Games, E-Games, Kelphil’s Shade, SEGA’s Love and Berry, Muse Guild’s Mu Online, IPVG-EGames Zhu Xian Online, and many more.
Due to all the attention and media she receives from cosplay, Alodia Gosiengfiao also endorses skin care products, health food and beverage products, a Japanese Sushi bar, toy collections and figurine distributors, clothing lines, and Japanese snacks. And no surprise that she has been on many magazines and TV shows in Asia.
Check out Alodia Gosiengfiao in some of her cosplay:
[flagallery gid=15 name=Gallery]